Nasi Lemak's Morning Reflection

DSCF8795

Nasi Lemak with Ikan Kunning

Nasi Lemak Reflection ( Sung to the tune of Reflection from Mulan )

Listen to the original tune from : Reflection

Glance at me
You may think you see
Nasi Lemak with Kunning

But you’ll never know me

Each day, only if you eat a part.

Now I see
If I wear my chilli
I can show the world
How delicious I
really am...

DSCF8806

Nasi Lemak with Ikan Bilis

What is that fish I see?

Staring straight back at me?

Why does my omellete

always lie on top.

I am now
In a world where I have to
Taste the best
From coconut to chilli

But somehow
Only when I'm paired
With two epok-epok
Will I be loved for who I am

DSCF8829

Sumptuous serving of Nasi Lemak Chilli

What is that fish I see?

Staring straight back at me?

Why does my omellete

always lie on top.

Must I pretend that i’m
the one from Chong Pang, or Tanjong Pagar
Then will you believe in me
That I taste as good.

DSCF8844

There’s a heart that must
Be made to please
That burns with a need
To know the best Nasi!

Why must you all conceal
What you think
How you feel

Must you know why I taste so good
then you'll be happy!

I won’t pretend that i’m
from somewhere else

for all time

When will my reflections show,

Who I am inside?

When will you take the first bite

To love me all time.

DSCF8836

1 comments:

At June 7, 2008 at 8:13 AM Justin D. Pereira said...

Haha. Thank You. But I didn't cook this Nasi Lemak =) I bought it for $1.40 at the local provision shop. Curry Puff for $0.60 each.

 

Post a Comment