Silver Fish Deep Fried Pancake =)

DSCF8642

Golden Crispiness of the Silver Fish Deep Fried Pancakes .... mmmm!

Afternoon snacks for me ( not often though ) would not be chips or bread but actually real dishes created from scratch. Haha, in my family, we tend to experiment a lot, especially with food. So what you see here is my dad's version of Silver Fish Deep Fried Pancakes (I don't know if they sell them outside) but this recipe has been in my family for years.

DSCF8605

Created with just a simple batter of Self Raising Flour and water plus salt plus fish plus spring onions plus egg (long isn't it...=), they are mixed together and then deep-fried to perfection.

 

The quantities of ingredients are not stated as this is a secret recipe...=)

My version however would be a fusion of dad's recipe with that of the traditional tempura batter. I have yet to cook up my version but from what I can say, its crispier on the outside yet soft and smooth on the inside. Almost like my very own Keropok (Malay for snack)

Be creative, try to create something like this yourself and entertain your family and friends with it =)

1 comments:

At June 8, 2008 at 5:13 AM Anonymous said...

Want to have it more crispy, put the battered silver in the fridge for a few hours before frying it.

Wait till you try my popular crispy Fine Shrimp Paste Chicken Wing which I fine tune the recipe.

 

Post a Comment