Review : Hwa Kee Roasted Pork Noodle

DSC01102 DSC01101

Venue : East Coast Park Food Village (Near East Coast Lagoon)
Date Reviewed : 24th May 2008

Review Rating : 3/5

Well, yesterday at East Coast Park, after the sandcastle building expedition, the remaining councillors went for dinner at the East Coast Park Food Village for dinner. Intrigue by the long queue at Hwa Kee Roasted Meat Stall, I stood in line for 15 minutes to order the Wanton Noodles priced affordably at $4 for a mid-size serving with fried dumplings and sliced char siew (roasted and braised pork in sweet red sauce).

Hungry by the time I ordered and got to my seat, I tried the noodles first. It was springy and not too rubbery, cooked to perfection I must say. The fried dumplings were not too bad, however the char siew did not go well with my palate. I found it a tad too dry even though the ladled more sauce on it initially. The clear soup that came along with it was savoury and tasty.

Nonetheless, if you are those who go for Wanton noodles, you might want to try this dish at East Coast Park. Though its not really something to spring for if you are staying in the West.

0 comments:

Post a Comment