Review : Pancake King

DSC01108

DSC01109

Venue : Pancake King @ Seafood Junction (Near Courts Megastore)
Date Reviewed : 25th May 2008
Rating : 2/5

Pancake King rose to new heights in 2000 when Channel U's famed program 'City Beat' ventured into the heartlands finding great food and great prices. However, nearly 8 years has passed and hard to expect, the number of customers dwindled as well. Both times in which I passed the shop, there was hardly anybody purchasing anything. Well, I thought that perhaps it could be that it was not peak hour as yet, so I decided to go ahead and purchase a slice of seafood pizza and a ham quiche.

The seafood pizza was above average with a generous serving of toppings, however, it was a tad cold and should have been warmed first before selling it either in take away or even on the spot. Nonetheless, I was not very accepting of the ham quiche which I thought was not really the baker's best standard. The crust was too salty, the filling too bland. Not a very good combination there. Well the quiche itself looks appealing, I think beauty is only skin deep. I have yet to try the pancake there but from what I have eaten so far, I would not really go back there for some time unless more is done to change the shop in a new direction for a new generation of customers.

1 comments:

At June 7, 2008 at 9:12 AM ZhaoZhen(: said...

oh.I THINK THAT MAYBE BECAUSE OF THE INGREDIENTS NOT PROPERLY PREPARED THATS WHY PEOPLE SELDOM PATRONIZE THE SHOP.YOU SEEMS LIKE UNDERSTAND A LOT ABOUT IT JUST LIKE THE TV PROGRAMME I HAVE WATHCED TODAY ABOUT THE SHOP THAT THE BUSINESS IS NOT DOING GOOD.

 

Post a Comment