Societal Habits - A Gracious Singaporean?

I am really astounded by habits of people. Being Singaporean, and with the constant effort of reminders from everywhere in the era of service and graciousness, some people just forget their manners.

Having lunch today at the local food court, I witnessed a surprising scene of the lady who sat at the table beside me. She placed her dishes neatly on the table, and placed the tray onto the next table where clearly there were 2 people having their meal. Hmmm....leaves one to ponder on what goes on in her mind. Did she not see those people? If it were me, I really would not have appreciated the infringement of space. Still, perhaps it is just an old habit, but in this era of age where courtesy and social consciousness begins to take a firm stand, will such behaviour still be condoned?

Perhaps services at shops should also be at its tops now that Singapore is moving towards a service economy. However, my mum lamented at the service standards provided at Watsons with their L'Oreal Cosmetic Products display in unkempt conditions. There were literally lipsticks (the trials ones) uncapped and with the red ink smeared on the case. The powder ( I have no idea what it is called - mascara I think ) but then, there were evidence of it being worn out. Compared to other displays, this was perhaps the worse. So yeah, feedback was given and hopefully something good will come out of it, or else how can Singapore claim itself to be a World Class in service standards.

Come on people, let's get a move on =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment