S7300537

My Dish : Braised Chicken With Shitake Mushroom Sauce

A fragrant dish boasting the full flavour of earthly Shitake Mushrooms together with the richness and tenderness of the chicken meat. I came upon this dish sometime ago in Causeway point's (err..I can't really remember the store name) Horizon Food Court. It was called 'Mushroom Chicken'. Wait, scrap the previous previous thought, I remember the store name now, its Pots and Pans. I even have a picture of it...

So yeah, I wrote a review about it late last year,

-------

"This is the set meal I had for lunch today. Cost only $3.80 and the taste is really mushroomy. Their soup is tasty and the chicken is tender. Though the only gripes which I have is that the gravy can be a little bit too salty and the rice too sticky for my liking.

Anyway, visit it when you can and try it for yourself!"

-------

I was impressed by the dish, so yeah when my Mum asked me to cook something for dinner tonight, I decided "it was time I cooked Mushroom Chicken". So haha, hopefully I replicated it right or even improve it. Well, it's fairly simple to cook and its best provided that you have more than one pan (I cooked the chicken in one pan, and the sauce in another. But it should be fine with one pan, though you will need more skill in keeping the food hot.)

A simple dish for lovely gatherings and the occasional family dinner.

Read the whole post for the recipe and more photos.

Braised Chicken with Shitake Mushroom Sauce

Serves : 1-2

Ingredients

- For the chicken

  • 1 Chicken thigh and 2 Chicken breast, or 2-4 Chicken parts with meat (avoid the bones)
  • 1 small onion, sliced
  • 2 Shitake Mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 clove garlic, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon Vegetarian Mushroom Sauce or Oyster Mushroom Sauce
  • Pinch of salt
  • Ground White Pepper

- For the sauce

  • 5 Shitake Mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 tablespoons Vegetarian Mushroom Sauce or Oyster Mushroom Sauce
  • Ground White Pepper
  • 1 tablespoon cornflour/cornstarch
  • 1 cup water

Steps

  1. Marinate the chicken pieces with the tablespoon of Vegetarian Mushroom Sauce and a dash of pepper. Sprinkle the pinch of salt over the chicken.
  2. Heat the pan with a little oil and stir fry the onions, garlic till fragrant.
  3. Add in the sliced shitake mushrooms and stir the mix in the pan till slightly brown.
  4. Place the chicken parts into the pan and brown each side. If the pan gets too dry, add in a few tablespoons of water each time.
  5. Prepare the sauce. Heat another pan with a little oil. Stir fry the sliced mushrooms till soft.
  6. Add in the cup of water in the sauce mix, together with 2 dashes of pepper and the 2 tablespoons of Vegetarian Mushroom Sauce.
  7. After 3-4 minutes, add in the cornflour and constantly mix it into the sauce, thickening it up. Lower heat on pan and allow sauce to simmer to about half the content, or more if you like more gravy.
  8. Check if the chicken is well cooked. Once done, place on the plate, garnish, pour the sauce over and serve hot with rice.
S7300535 S7300538

0 comments:

Post a Comment