DSCF3313

I seem to always have that craving for Burger King! Especially that Mushroom Swiss Double. So exceptionally delicious. That beefy patty topped with the oh my goodness mushrooms and melted cheese. One of the best comfort foods in the world.

Well I tried (I say again..I tried) to duplicate that fabulous topping but with what ingredients I had. Let's say..I looked in to the refrigerator and I found Garlic Sprouts (to scare vampires away?), 1 packet of Fresh Shitake Mushrooms, oh yeah and lots of cheese (the cheap processed kind sold in slices, not something like Fetta, Cottage, Mozerralla which are like $$$ to a student)

Its a good effort and I particularly enjoyed the soft mushrooms and the salty taste of that melted goodness. Though one thing for sure, I didn't really enjoy the garlic sprouts (I became scared that I would scare vampires away I just didn't enjoy it)

Wanna try this recipe out?

Shitake Mushrooms, Garlic Sprouts with Melted Cheese

  • 1 pack Fresh Mushrooms ( or 10-12 pieces)
  • 2 stalks of garlic sprout
  • 2 slices of processed cheese
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
  • 1 tablespoon of Oil or Butter
  • 2 tablespoons of water
  1. Slices the mushrooms and sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over them.
  2. Cut the garlic sprout into smaller pieces. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil or butter (preferably) in the pan.
  3. Stir fry the garlic sprout. Once garlic sprouts are slightly soft, add in the mushrooms and oyster sauce. Stir fry till slightly dry, add in about 2 tablespoons of water. Give or take 2 minutes for mushrooms to be cooked and become soft.
  4. Once mushrooms are nice and soft, add in the slices of cheese in the pan. Turn heat to small. Slowly use your ladle and mix the cheese and mushrooms together. The cheese should melt on its own. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Serve =)

DSCF3348

You could be like me and serve that fabulous experiment dish with fresh Cod, tomatoes and some corn. Yummy. Burp. I think I can open my own Burger outlet =)

P.S Before I go, I have to say this, last night I chanced upon a trade secret, a very old recipe, by using a certain something to coat my fish and deep frying it. LOL, obviously it may not be a trade secret but it certainly is an old way of doing it, but not many are doing so these days...Till then=)

0 comments:

Post a Comment